Dr. Arlene Minkoff, Optometrist
THINKING ABOUT GETTING CONTACT LENSES?
We recommend all new wearers to read the information below
and watch the video before the day of your appointment!
• Wash your hands with soap and dry them with a lint-free towel before touching your contacts.
• Make sure not to get your left and right lenses mixed up.
• Clean, rinse, and disinfect your contact lenses using the solution recommended by the doctor.
• Keep all solution bottles closed when not in use.
• Clean your contact lens case daily.
• Replace your contact lens case every three months.
• Replace used solution in case daily.
• Do not sleep with your contacts in unless they are 'extended wear'.
• Do not allow soaps, cosmetics, or other substances to come into contact with your lenses.
• Do not touch the tip of a contact lens care solution bottle to any surface, including your finger or your contact lens.
• Do not reuse or add additional solution to old contact lens care solution in the case.
• Do not wear contacts for longer than the prescribed time. For example, the 14 day lens are ONLY good for 14 days. Prolonged use can cause eye infections.
Application and Removal of Contact Lenses
At CooperVision, we're committed to helping enjoy the healthiest, most enjoyable contact lens wearing experience possible. And that includes helping you properly care for your contact. Follow the...